Sunday, May 30, 2021

Tiffany & Co fragrance

 Everyone knows what Tiffany is what and what they sell-expensive jewelry, home goods and yes, fragrances which is what I usually get because their jewelry is not something I am interested in. 

I used to wear their original Tiffany scent in the late 90s, my friend used to wear it and she got me on it as well. Those who remember-it was a rich floral, typical of the 80s era, very potent, spicy, and powerful.  It still popular as OG classic although it is hard to find nowdays.




However, it was discontinued, as it seems to happen to most fragrances sooner or later. In 2003 they added short lived Pure Tiffany -fresh white floral which in short time found it's way to Bermuda Triangle of fragrance world, never to be seen again. 
And it wasn't until 2017 that they finally came out with Tiffany & Co fragrance. (we can't say that names were particularly imaginative. I mean how many times can you reference word Tiffany in a name, can we have something more creative?) Going with classic simple aesthetic, they once again created fresh floral but this one had more of a uniqueness to it. 
Notes from Fragrantica:

Mandarin orange, bergamot and lemon
Iris, rose, black currant and peach
Musk and patchouili

Personally I am not a huge fan of fresh florals but I really like this. I am starting to think that iris is one note that I really enjoy in the florals. I don't get much of citrus, I think it's barely there. But I do get plenty of patchouli and musk. In my opinion, patchouli is what makes this scent. Without it, it would be another insipid creation. It also adds lasting power as lot of fresh florals don't last long. Tiffany & Co does last for at least 4 hours and I can actually smell it on myself, a major point in it's favor. Bottle is gorgeous(of course, it's Tiffany so why wouldn't it be, right?). 
I think on the scale of 1 to 5, I will give it a solid 4 overall. I find it unique in a sea of nondescript  florals that everyone is putting out. Projection is several feet if you give it good 4-5 sprays, although even with 1 spray on my hand I got whiffs of it every time I moved my hand close to my face. 
So projection is also a 4 in my book. 
If you want a fragrance it compare it to-Romance by Ralph Lauren. For some reason I found patchouli to be lot less bearable in that one, although after trying Tiffany, I want to revisit Romance. While notes are not exactly the same, it does have some similarities and both have musk and patchouli in the base.  
Tiffany & Co currently is in most department stores, starting with $80 for 1.7 oz bottle. 

So should you get Tiffany & Co? If you would like a fresh floral that's not common or boring, if you want nice everyday scent for summer, if you would like an office appropriate fragrance -then give this a try. And even if florals are not something you usually like, I still recommend trying it because it's unique enough to catch your attention. 

Because I follow a fragrance vlogger who mentioned Tiffany & Co Intense, I am now going to sample that one as well and will report back. She mentioned that it reminded her of powdery version of Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood which was enough to make me want to sniff it in a worst way possible. So review on that one coming as well very soon:)



No comments:

Post a Comment