Tuesday, April 17, 2012

White Musk Libertine and White Gardenia from The Body Shop

White Musk Libertine The Body Shop for women
I was killing some time yesterday so I stepped into The Body Shop to check out their fragrances. I normally stick with Victoria Secret and Bath and Body Works because they have so much more variety of scents. But I heard about White Musk Libertine on Fragrantica and notes sounded so appealing that I wanted to try it. Notes listed: musk, rose, almond, honey, whipped cream. Sounds divine, right?
I thought I would love this based on the notes. Lord no!

While I didn't think it was a complete scrubber, I would never wear this. I wonder if my nose can't smell certain notes or something because what I smelled bears no resemblance to the perfume reviewers on Fragrantica raving about. Rose, almond, honey, whipped cream?! Where are all these wondeful notes? Perhaps I am especially sensitive to musk because that's all I could smell-musk with a hint of rose, which ended up smelling sort of very musty floral, sort of "grandma's closet" type of smell. (no offense to anyone's grandmas).
 I sprayed it on a paperstrip so I know its not my skin chemistry but I can't imagine how it smells so different from the notes listed. I actually liked the regular White Musk well enough but this I would never wear. I would try before you buy it blindly because you may end up being dissappointed.
White Gardenia The Body Shop for women
I always wanted to try the White Gardenia but as my bad luck would have it, they were out of everything but body mist which is superlight. I still sprayed it on my hand and its quite delightful, slightly fruity gardenia that bears some resemblance to Marc Jacobs. Notes listed-lotus, gardenia, bergamot and musk. Very light, young and almost innocent scent. My store should be getting more of edt which i hope to smell and see if its worth buying because body mist dissapeared from my skin in less than 15 minutes. Not worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I've sniffed and like White Musk Libertine but think it'd be a better shower gel fragrance than a lotion or perfume for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it smelled nicer in a shower gel too

    ReplyDelete