Monday, September 12, 2011

BVLGARI JASMIN NOIR

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir appeared on the market back in 2008 but I have not sampled it until now. I wonder why since the notes listed some of my favorites-jasmine, gardenia, almond, tonka bean, woods and licorice. This is indeed oriental fragrance-I only pick up a faint whiff of florals(and I can't smell gardenia at all, very strange considering that my nose can always pick up gardenia/tuberose). This scent is dominated by tonka bean, almond and woods which gives it, as other reviewers said, a smoky deep feeling, with some spice. While it lingered on my skin for at least 5 hours, it lays very close to the skin and doesn't project well. I owned a bottle of M by Mariah Carey in the past and I can see definite similarities with these two-both smoky incensy orientals(even though I didn't see incense listed on Jasmin Noir notes), both lay close to the skin, and the only difference is that M is sweeter than Jasmin Noir, which I actually prefer.
Jasmin Noir is a nice scent but definitely not my cup of tea. I have to say that this is a rather sophisticated scent, definitely not something I picture a teenage girl wearing-I picture elegant, well-dressed woman in her 30s and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment