Monday, April 24, 2017

Guess 1981 -new spring fragrance

I own another perfume from Guess and in my opinion their fragrances not half bad. So when I heard they had new one, I decided to check it out on my recent visit to Guess store.

Not sure why its called Guess 1981-is it supposed to be a throwback to 1981? Not sure what is the deal with the name but its the scent itself that matters, right?

I love Fragrantica site because I can usually find notes for most perfumes on there and so here are notes for Guess 1981
ambrette seed, violet
pear, jasmine, sandalwood
cedarwood, musk and amber

Best way to describe it is woodsy floral-it opens up crisply, with tart smelling violet, but middle notes mellow out into much sweeter floral which doesn't wait too long to hit you with the woods.  Its nice.
I wouldn't say its anything earth shattering but I like it. I doubt it is something I will purchase but the ladies who enjoy woodsy florals that are fairly light, may like this. Bottle is a bit too plain and boring for my taste but different strokes for different folks. It can be purchased online or in Guess store for $52 for 1.7 oz

Guess 1981 Guess for women

No comments:

Post a Comment