Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aimez-Moi by Caron-oh, yes, its divine!

Aimez-Moi came out back in 1996 and it wasn’t a love at first sight, more like a love after a second sniff. I remember sampling it at Nordstrom’s and thinking “wow, this is not good”. Now I know what notes are in this, I realized that it was the initial notes of cardamom, star anise and mint that almost knocked me off my feet and led to my negative reaction. I went home not giving it another thought, not realizing that some of the Aimez-Moi gotten on the sleeve of my winter coat I was wearing. Next morning I was putting on my coat and I realized that something smelled wonderful-warm, rich and slightly green but what was it? I realized that this was the only scent I sampled that day and figured if it smelled this good later, I had to try it again. I did and this time I let it mellow out on my hand and yes, there it was, that wonderful scent. I bought it, used it all up and went through several bottles of it until one sad day I couldn’t find it anymore.
Few years later, I managed to find it online and not only it had a different bottle, I heard that it was reformulated. I just bought another bottle online and it seemed like the same scent.
I find it hard to describe because it’s a floral and yet, its not like any other floral that I smelled before-its lightly green, warm, rich with a hint of woods and had just enough sweetness to stop it venturing into bitter territory. The best word to describe this scent is “golden”-its rich, elegant, and classy. For me, this is the most elegant scent I have ever smelled. I am not a floral lover, usually preferring sweet candy, fruity and gourmand fragrances but this scent have captured my heart.
Notes from Fragrantica-star anise, mint, violet, cardamom, bergamot
Iris, jasmine, magnolia, rose, wood, amber, musk
this is what Aimez-Moi bottle looked like back in 1996
Aimez - Moi Caron for women
Unfortunately, now its in plain clear glass bottle that most Caron perfumes are now housed. This bottle was beautiful, the new one is just plain

No comments:

Post a Comment