Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Empress by Sean John

Empress Sean John for women
Citrus Floral


Notes are key lime pie accord, mandarin, star fruit and cranberry. The heart consists of raspberry, peony, passion flower, cardamom and ambrette seed, followed by notes of vanilla, sandalwood, crystallized caramel and second skin accord.

I sampled this yesterday and to my surprise liked it quite a bit. Perhaps I should say that I wasn't impressed with Sean John's any other offerings for women so this was a pleasant surprise. Bottle, while nice looking, is rather masculine so I guess I was expecting something more masculine as well. It really isn't. I sprayed one pump on my hand and thought it was rather citrusy. After about a minute, zesty note went away and I was hit with key lime pie. Mmmm, nice. At that point, I was really liking it. It continued to develop into sweet lime pie scent with some caramel at the base notes.
I would have never guessed that this has so many floral notes because it doesn't smell floral at all. I have people on Fragrantica describing it as masculine and to me its definately very feminine scent.  I also don't see this as unisex scent all(which is what I also read in internet reviews).
Key Lime pie with some cream and mandarins on top is what I get. Lasting power was about an hour so I will have to sample it again to see whether the lasting power improves. Overall, its a nice scent and I was impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment