Thursday, April 12, 2012

Do you wear mens cologne?

I am a member of Fragrantica, online fragrance community, and its because of that site I heard that lot of women actually wear men's cologne. I was curious to try a few but keep in mind that I usually like sweeter perfumes so most mens cologne are too citrusy, fresh and too masculine smelling.
I was recommended Spicebomb from Victor & Rolf(I am sure everyone is familiar with their female, version, Flowerbomb) and Le Male from Jean Paul Galtier. When I was at Nordstroms the other day I stopped in their men's fragrance department to try these. First, I tried Le Male-I was seriously amazed how sweet it was. I honestly can't imagine a guy wearing this. Its smells sweet, slightly powdery and woodsy with an incense note(although I didn't see incense listed in the notes). I asked my husband if this smelled like men's cologne and he said "not at all, its very feminine". Lasting power on Le Male was awesome-one spray lasted at least 4 hours on my hand. Me likey:)
I also tested Spicebomb-it is spicy but its also sweet and woodsy with almost like a cigar note. Very nice also. I actually liked it better than Le Male but lasting power with Spicebomb is not that great(especially for a price). It burns itself out in less than 2 hours. All in all, it was a very interesting experience and I will definately try more mens scents in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment