Monday, April 16, 2012

Bath and Body Works Malibu Heat, Wild Apple Daffodil, Wild Citrus Sunflower, Wild Berry Tulips and other weekend samplings

I was eagerly anticipating trying out these four new scents from Bath and Body works so I made my way to my local store shortly after opening. And surprise, none of their employees even knew what I was talking about. Dude, are you serious?! Company has four new scents coming out but you don't have a clue? Finally, one of the salespeople had to go ask a manager and told me that they just received the new lotions(full line comes out on 20th). They let me smell it and I wasn't too impressed. Malibu Heat smelled like several other fragrances they already have, at least in a lotion form.  I will definately try the body spray because I am hoping I will like it better.  Sorry, gals, I couldn't smell the other 3 floral ones because they haven't even unpacked it yet...Grrr..I guess I will just have to wait until the 20th..

I also sampled Diane Von Furstenburg new fragrance. She is the designer who pretty much pioneered the printed wrap dresses in the 70s. Anyways, I got sample with my recent Sephora order and well, I can't stand it. Its doesn't smell good to my nose at all. The notes from Fragrantica list musk, patchouli, myrhh, violet and frangipani. I love frangipani but I can't smell it in this scent at all. This is very 70s scent to me-my mom used to wear Fendi and Anne Klein for years, which are both chypre scents, and while I always thought it smelled nice on her, I can't stand either one on myself or smelling it on other people. Diane Von Furstenburg smells just like Fendi to my nose-its not a "young" scent by any stretch of imagination and because I associate it with my mom( and several older female relatives who wore same kind of scents also), this smells "older woman" to me. Sorry, Diane, I like your dresses but can't stand your perfume.

I did like one scent I sampled this weekend at Sephora-Dolce and Gabbana L'Imperatrice. I saw several videos on YouTube with girls showing their fragrance collection and several of them had this scent.
Wow, I was impressed and fell in love with it almost immediately. It has notes of watermelon, kiwi, pink cyclamen and musk. I think I smelled this scent on several women before and remember thinking "mmm, this girl smells good". Its a sophisticated fruity scent that smells like a beautiful woman. Sorry, can't explain it better than that but you got to try it! Its kind of pricey but I will getting a bottle of this in the future

3 comments:

  1. That's rather odd they didn't know about the new scents. I thought they had a promo on the 14th for the Garden ones... at least in Canada and the U.S.

    I may still get the Malibu Heat, as despite being generic, it still sounds interesting to me, and I like the bottle. I shall at least sniff and try the Garden ones.

    Too bad about the Diane Von Furstenburg perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mousewings: I am definately sampling the body spray of Malibu Heat when it comes out because I still have hopes for it! Can't wait until the weekend to try all the others too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,

    I am so sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at your Bath & Body.

    I know if you were to walk in my store, I would have greeted you & IMMEDIATELY asked which WILD GARDEN Scent you would like to try first.

    Let me tell you,

    They are all wonderful -

    The turquoise, Wild Apple Daffodil, is clean and refreshing, perfect in the new glowing body scrub for showers.

    The dark pink, Wild Berry Tulips, is sparkling and very flirty. I highly recommend it in the Shimmering Mist for a glamorous fragrance.

    Last but not least, the golden, Wild Citrus Sunflower, my personal favorite, its clean, fresh, exciting, and bright like a sunny day. I love it, and recommend it in the Triple Moisture Cream for a fragrant and softening moisturizer.

    As for Malibu, the picture on the bottle is beautiful, I love the packaging, the scent......I am growing on, rather quickly. The more I wear it, the better it gets, it just smells like a hot day at the breezy beach which definitely makes it a great scent for daytime. I am hoping when the full-line comes, they will give us a new Signature SPF cream, wouldn't that be perfect!? I am excited for the Fine Mist & hopefully an Eau De Toilette bottle, I think the perfume would only make it hotter.

    Sincerely,

    Connor Patrick

    ReplyDelete