Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend sniffings-New Garden Collection from Bath and Body Works and Love is Heavenly from Victoria Secret

This weekend I finally sampled the new Garden Collection from Bath and Body Works which include Wild Berry Tulips, Wild Apple Daffodil and Wild Citrus Sunflower. The verdict? All three are nice fresh floral scents with slight variation-Wild Citrus Sunflower has more citrusy notes, Wild Berry Tulips has berry notes as well as floral and Wild Apple Daffodil is a combination of fruity and fresh floral. I think these scents are great for the summer. Will I be buying any of these? No. Does it smell good? Sure. Is it anything unique? No. I still liked Wild Poppy from Bodycology much better for the simple reason that it was a fresh floral as well but not as generic as BBW latest offerings.
Unfortunately, the one scent I really wanted to try in a body spray, Malibu Heat, still wasn’t available at my store even though they were supposed to have it on the 20th. I was told by SA that because we are in HI, its taking longer to get to our store but once again, no one seemed to know exactly when it going to be here. “sign”
I also had the opportunity to try new Victoria Secret scent, Love is Heavenly. Now, before we go any further, I want to say that Victoria Secret is one of my favorite stores and I own tons of their stuff. However, I was really disappointed with their fragrance offerings lately. Everything new lately seems to be generic clones of each other. That’s what happened with Love is Heavenly-notes supposed to include waterlily, mandarin flower and musk. As soon as I sprayed it on, I realized that it smells very similar to Bombshell even though notes are different. Common, Victoria Secret, can we have something different already? I can understand that they want the scents generic enough so they would sell but at least can they do something different from the scent they already have? Because if I had to do blind smell test, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the two. Yes, it smells nice but if you already have Bombshell, do not bother with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment