Friday, May 13, 2011

BATH AND BODY WORKS FRENZY

Well, ladies, it is official-the first ever in the state of Hawaii, Bath and Body Works store is now open and let the shopping begin! I do like lot of their products so of course, I wanted to go. I figured that on the opening day(last Monday), there would be crazy number of people there and I was right. I heard that people waited in line since 6 am for 9:30 am store opening. No thanks. I braved it this past Saturday and well, there was still a line outside to get into the store and security guard who was directing the line and taking his duties way too seriously for what it was. None the less, I was finally in the store only to be faced with a wall of people. I elbowed my way in and did some sniffing. After yet another line to pay(15 minites), I was finally out with some purchases. Let's begin!

 
I have read the notes online before and wasn't sure what to expect since judging by the name, I was sure it was something floral and citrusy. Wrong again, not even close. Ladies, if you love gourmand scent, this one is for you!
Top notes: tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin and exotic berries. Heart: gardenia, freesia and pink peony. Base: vanilla, creamy sandalwood, musk and sweet pralines.
This is fruity gourmand scent that would fall into same category as Viva la Juicy from Juicy Couture. I get a little bit of zesty fruit on the first spray and some berries with cream, then it turns into sweet creamy cakey scent that reminds me of lemon cake with cream and fruit on top. I think its the praline note that give it that extra sweetness. Lasting power is ok, body spray lasts couple of hours but it has to be layered with lotion. Still not bad. I like the scent a lot but I absolutely hate the ugly drawings on the bottle that looks very crude and childlike. Bath and Body Works is really slipping lately with their bottle design which is the one of the most unattractive ones I have seen in a long time

No comments:

Post a Comment