Friday, May 13, 2011

WILD ELIXIR BY ESTEE LAUDER

This is new limited edition fragrance in Estee Lauder lineup.  I sampled it yesterday and its lovely. Notes: Mandarin, Marigold, Purple Freesia and Violet Leaves, Wild Gardenia, Pink Muguet, Blue Jasmine and Dewy Waterlily, Genet Flower, Orris, Amberwood, Musk and Sandalwood.
This is like walking through the garden full of fresh flowers. Its completely unlike Pleasures which i never cared for-Wild Elixir actually smells like real fresh flowers. I don't smell mandarin at all, for me the it all blends into fresh gardenia, freesia and water lily. There is little musk coming through on the drydown but that's it. I think anytime there is gardenia in the floral fragrance, it usually overpowers all and Wild Elixir is no different. I was wearing Marc Jacobs today and Wild Elixir smells very, very simular. No, its not totally the same but there is the same almost aquatic feel to it, and while MJ smells completely and entirely of gardenia and tuberose, in Wild Elixir I do smell a bit more of a variety of florals. None the same, its very close. I already own Marc Jacobs so I won't be getting Wild Elixir even though i was tempted. It a very nice fresh floral that smells like spring walk in the beautiful floral garden. I have to compliment Estee Lauder for creating such a nice fragrance which doesn't smell like anything else this line has. Unfortunately, lasting power is not the greatest. I get less then 2 hours out of it
Bottle is lovely and I actually like it a lot more than MJ bottle which i always thought was too plain and akward shape. I read some reviews that its a fruity scent. While mandarin is in the notes, there is nothing whatsoever fruity about this scent(or generic for that matter)-its all about big lush white florals. I think if you are prone to migraines from florals or fresh green florals is not your cup of tea, this fragrance is not for you. Only fresh floral lovers may apply!
P.S This is what i expected Country Chic from Bath and Body Works to smell like, alas that wasn't it at all
   

No comments:

Post a Comment