Tuesday, May 24, 2011

INTO THE WILD FROM BATH AND BODY WORKS

It seems like most people either love or hate this scent. I can see why because its rather unusual and I wasn't expecting Bath and Body Works to come out with something like this. Considering this has aldehydes which I can't stand in most perfumes, I was surprised to see that I thought this was actually a pleasant fragrance. Notes: Juicy Mandarin, Red Apple, Pear Blossom, Pimento Berry, Pink Currant Buds, Fresh Aldehydes, Magnolia Petals, Night Blooming Jasmine , Wild Honeysuckle, Gold Patchouli Leaves, Okoume Wood, Tonka Crystals, White Moss and Warm Musk
The initial note smells very strongly of mandarin and apple. These two pretty much overpower everything else. Then enter the aldehydes which gives it sort of a powder note but not quite(if you tried Chanel #5, you will know what I am talking about). Out of all the floral notes, I really only smell the honeysuckle and a bit of jasmine. I would classify this as citrusy floral which smells rather sweet and elegant once the middle notes make their appearance. There is nothing "wild" about this fragrance so the name is purely a gimmick. I think its pleasant and unusual scent but definately not my favorite. I essentially got this and matching body lotion because I exchanged a gift so it was free for me but I wouldn't repurchase since its a not really "me" kind of a scent. In my opinion, this is not a scent that will do well because its just too different and not generic enough for everyone to like it but such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment