Friday, May 13, 2011

COUNTRY CHIC FROM BATH AND BODY WORKS

Fragrance Top Notes: Sparkling Lemon, Grapefruit Zest, Juicy Pear, Crushed Leaves, Marigold
Fragrance Mid Notes: Fresh Raspberry, Jasmine Petals, Day Lily, Gardenia, Orange Blossom
Fragrance Dry Notes: Peach Nectar, Vanilla Orchid, hint of Praline & Patchouli, Cedar Wood, Amber Wood, Skin Musk
Looking at these notes, i thought it would be a great fragrance and on the fragrance boards so many women were talking about how great of a scent this was. I was excited to try it. So what is the verdict?
 I smell a bit of lemon and crushed leaves and then the mid note of lily and bit of musk. That's it. No rasberry, no gardenia, no peach nectar, no praline. What a dissapointment.
I think that most generic light scents enjoy great popularity-Country Chic is generic at its best. Very subtle, light flower with hint of citrus. I honestly think that this is the most "meh" fragrance that Bath and Body Works  produced within last few years. Lasting power is terrible, it’s gone within minutes. I seriously doubt that anyone around you will be able to smell it. Just like Secret Wonderland(aka Moonlight Magic repackaged)-great name and list of ingredients, you anticipate something wonderful and get mediocre.
I've liked simple and uncomplicated scents before however this is beyond unremarkable-5 min after smelling it, you will forget what it smelled like to begin with. I think that Twighligh Woods and Forever Sunshine are great new scents that smell unique and last a long time. Country Chic doesn't really smell like wildflowers to me, more like a light floral candle.
If you want simple, unoffensive and something that doesn't stand out of the crowd, this one is for you.
P.S I don’t care for bottle either-I find the plaid design rather plain and cheap looking but that’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment